Get Creative For HeaLth + Happiness
ACT-BELONG-COMMIT Young Artists Academy
Celebrating youth in art
We are excited to again run the Act-Belong-Commit Young Artist Awards to celebrate youth getting creative to stay happy + healthy. This year we have three categories - Under Six, Under Twelve and a Judges' Selection with $1,000 in prizes. You can find all the details about the awards below. We wish all young artist every success with their creative endeavours.
The above work is called 'Chicken' and took out the 2019 Act-Belong-Commit Young Artists Award.
Categories + Prizes
- Under Six - $250 towards art supplies of your choice
- Under Twelve - $250 towards art supplies of your choice
- Judge;s Selection - $500 towards art supplies of your choice
How to enter
To enter, participants are required to graduate from the Young Artist Academy (details here) and will then be invited to send in any piece of artwork they have created over the past three months at home. Entries open until 5pm on Sunday 31 May 2020.
How are the winners selected?
Entries are exhibited in our Infinity virtual gallery, where the public will be encouraged to vote on their favourite piece. There will be one winner per category. The tally of votes and judges' decision is final.
- Entries to be received by 5pm Sunday 31 May 2020
- The online exhibition will be launched on Saturday 6 June 2020
- People's Choice voting and judging opens on Saturday 6 June 2020
- People's Choice voting and judging closes at 5pm Saturday 21 June 2020
- Winners will be announced on Saturday 28 June 2020
If you have any questions, please message 0419 766 808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get creative for health + happiness
Creative @ Home
Being active, having a sense of belonging and having a purpose in life all contribute to happiness and good mental health. We encourage everyone to Act, Belong and Commit.
For more on Act-Belong-Commit, check out their website.
We're proud to work with Healthway to promote the Act-Belong-Commit message through our Community Strengthening Program. Our many thanks to the Government of Western Australia, Healthway and Act-Belong-Commit for helping keep our community happy, healthy and connected.